This vibrant green smoothie is a nutritious powerhouse, combining the goodness of fresh spinach (or kale), sweet banana, tropical pineapple, and creamy yogurt. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and natural sweetness,
Adding raw spinach in a smoothie; it’s a nutritious addition that blends well. Drinking a spinach smoothie every day is generally fine if it’s part of a balanced diet. This recipe shows how to blend spinach effectively
Servings: 1-2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Calories: 150-200 kcal
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves (or kale, if preferred)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (optional, adjust to taste)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- 1/2 cup water or coconut water (optional)
- Wash the spinach leaves (or kale) thoroughly and remove any tough stems.
- Place the spinach leaves (or kale), banana, pineapple chunks, yogurt, and water (or coconut water) in a blender.
- If you prefer a colder smoothie, you can also add a few ice cubes.
- Blend until all the ingredients are well combined, and the smoothie is creamy.
- Taste the smoothie and add honey or maple syrup if you’d like to sweeten it further. Adjust to your desired level of sweetness.
- Pour the green smoothie into glasses, garnish with a slice of pineapple or a sprig of fresh mint if desired, and serve immediately.
- Leafy Greens: Choose fresh and clean spinach or kale for your greens. They not only provide essential nutrients but also add a lovely green color to your smoothie. Be sure to remove any tough stems from kale leaves.
- Sweetness Balance: Customize the sweetness to your liking. The natural sugars from the banana and pineapple provide sweetness, but you can adjust it by adding honey or maple syrup. Start with a little and taste before adding more.
- Consistency Control: The thickness of your green smoothie depends on the amount of liquid you use. Adjust the water or coconut water to achieve your desired consistency.